Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863786
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
WA College of Agriculture (WACOA) – Morawa is seeking an organised, energetic and efficient School Officer with excellent customer service skills to join their friendly team.
The School Officer is the face of the school and therefore, will ideally have excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills to build effective school and community relationships. Key responsibilities will include general administrative tasks such as meeting and greeting visitors, answering telephones, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. In addition, you will also assist with student enrolments, recording attendance data, student reporting, co-ordinating maintenance work, collecting and receipting monies.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have a strong focus on team collaboration and have quality customer service skills to model and promote excellence within the school and wider community. Your organisational skills, attention to detail and knowledge of software and database programs such as the Microsoft Office suite, Connect, SWAY, SIS Integris and RM Billing, will be highly desired.
WACOA – Morawa is a highly regarded College which provides Agricultural Education and Training to students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Students are attracted from across Western Australia to study specialised agriculture through a combination of WACE subjects and nationally accredited certificates, with a focus on the agricultural, mining and trades areas. Students who have an interest in agriculture, mining or trades areas are educated on a large commercial farming property in the northern Wheatbelt with cropping, cattle, sheep and pig enterprises.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Western Australian College Of Agriculture – Morawa can be found by visiting www.morawaag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Margaret Hogben, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa, by telephoning (08) 9971 4600 or emailing Margaret.Hogben@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 12 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.