Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/ TCH851110
Applicants from Advertised Vacancy IPS/TCH773819 need not apply
Can you assist our students to Learn, Grow and Thrive?
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Kindergarten to Year 6 (K-6) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a high level of Western Australian curriculum, instructional and assessment knowledge, and work effectively in a collaborative team. Applicants should also be able to provide examples of outstanding pedagogy and consistently implementing whole-school practices.
Teachers at Piara Waters PS know their students and the curriculum well and classroom programs are responsive to these. Our teachers differentiate the curriculum for individual students, including neurodiverse and English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D) students. Maximum engagement for all students is a feature of our classrooms, and this is often achieved through cooperative learning strategies.
Suitable applicants will ideally be highly proficient at teaching Mathematics and English. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) skills are developed in students through a focused mathematics and digital technologies program, and a rigorous science program taught by specialist teachers. At Piara Waters PS you will be supported to use iPads as a tool for students to access the curriculum. Suitable applicants should work positively and effectively will all students and families.
The staff are currently reviewing a number of school processes and applicants should be prepared to contribute to, reflect on and review whole school approaches. Teachers should also be data literate and respond to data in ways that support student learning.
Piara Waters PS opened in February 2012 catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region). As an Independent Public School, we utilise the flexibilities afforded to us, to ensure the highest possible outcomes for students.
Every decision is focused on every classroom, and every student, every day. You will love working at Piara Waters PS and we will love working with you!
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Piara Waters Primary School can be found by visiting piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Alison Ramm, Principal by telephoning (08) 9397 4300 or emailing Alison.Ramm@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Alison Ramm on 0438 924 649 or Alison.Ramm@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 January 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.