As of Wednesday, 29 November 2023 the closing date has been extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS863831
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Esperance Senior High School (SHS) are seeking a dedicated and organised School Officer to join their friendly team.
About the Role
The School Officer is the ‘face of the school’ and the successful applicant will therefore ideally possess strong communication skills incorporating meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will also be responsible for the distribution and collection of documents, forms, and mail, and collecting and receipting monies in accordance with Departmental procedures. You should have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as organisational skills, to allow you to work to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Esperance SHS offers a comprehensive secondary education from Years 7 to 12 and provides a range of curriculum subject choices and exciting extracurricular activities. The school has a reputation for providing strong academic and vocational programs and for offering a wide choice of courses to meet a variety of student learning needs.
Esperance lies in the South-East of Western Australia, some 730 kilometres from Perth. The town has won awards for its stunning natural environment and is one of Western Australia’s best kept tourist secrets. Esperance is heaven for sea, sun, and adventure lovers. Fishing, diving, sailing, surfing, and sandboarding are just some of the activities you can immerse yourself in. There are plenty of trails to discover, both along the shore and further inland. Renowned for having the best beaches in Australia, with the most vibrantly blue water you'll ever see in your life, Esperance truly is out of this world.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance Senior High School can be found by visiting www.esperanceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kelli Stokes, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9555 or emailing Kelli.Stokes@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.