Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS849285
Bullsbrook College is seeking to establish a pool of Student Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
The role of the Structured Workplace Learning Support Officer is to support the establishment of the program and evaluate data and provide reports back to the Structured Workplace Learning Coordinator. This role requires the suitable applicants to locate appropriate worksite placements and conduct site checks with prospective employers. In addition, you would be responsible for the selection, training and inductions of students for the workplace, whilst monitoring the student progress ensuring satisfactory completion.
Bullsbrook College is in a unique setting, located 20 minutes east of Joondalup at the western gateway to the Chittering Valley. We are an Independent Public School catering for all ages from Kindergarten to Year 12 on a modern, beautifully landscaped campus. We have 966 students with a total of 130 teaching and support staff.
Bullsbrook College is a forward focused school which requires staff to be similarly focused. Bullsbrook is a school with strong values. Our place of learning requires us all to act in ways which support and strengthen those values. (SOAR – Safe, Organised, Active learners, Relationships)
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills in developing, implementing and evaluating Workplace Learning programs.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bullsbrook College can be found by visiting bullsbrook-college.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Trevor Hazelden, by telephoning (08) 9501 7600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.