Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS863374
This is a permanent part-time (0.5 FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Eastern Hills Senior High School (SHS) are seeking a reliable and hardworking Assistant Cleaner-in-Charge with effective communication skills to work collaboratively as part of our friendly cleaning team. Cleaners play a vital role at our school by creating and maintaining a clean, safe environment for our staff, students, and visitors.
The successful applicant, will be responsible for supervision of cleaning staff, coordinating inductions for new staff and carrying out significant cleaning of internal and external areas. They will need to display an up-to-date knowledge of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals. They should have good communication skills to report faults, required maintenance and incidents to the Manager of Corporate Services and/or Cleaner in Charge. This position involves working one four-hour shift (AM or PM) Monday to Friday.
In addition, to be suitable for this role you should have strong attention to detail and the ability to ensure Department cleaning standards are maintained. You should be proactive, highly organised, reliable, and punctual. As this is a supervisory role, the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships is highly desirable.
Eastern Hills SHS is an Independent Public School catering for young people in Year 7 to Year 12. Our vision is to offer students a caring, progressive and meaningful learning environment that enhances their self-confidence, and promotes an interest in life-long learning and achievement.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Eastern Hills Senior High School please visit ehshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Myles, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9573 0300 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 11 December 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.