Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS863605
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Grovelands Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a highly organised and dedicated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant should embed sound financial and human resource management practices in their daily work. As an MCS, your role includes developing and implementing financial, administrative and information processes ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Departmental policies and guidelines.
The desired applicant will ideally possess the ability to create an impact on student learning through the school’s motto of Engage, Experience, Empower. Applicants who possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team, to build positive relationships will be well regarded. Knowledge of Department policies and procedures and experience in implementing change is highly desirable.
Grovelands PS is a 'You Can Do It!' school which celebrates the five keys to success - Organisation, Getting Along, Persistence, Confidence and Resilience.
The school’s vision is to be an inspired community of engaged, empowered learners.
At Grovelands PS, the school is committed to developing and sustaining a culture of continuous self-improvement and life-long learning in an environment of collaboration and innovation. The school is a blend of cultures, ideas, innovation and imagination. Grovelands PS celebrates diversity and achievement and promotes excellence in all areas of life.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Grovelands Primary School can be found by visiting grovelandsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Bradshaw, Principal by telephoning (08) 9496 9000 or emailing Mark.Bradshaw@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.