Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE861799
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January 2024.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised GROH housing
- Free relocation from within WA
The Role and our Branch
The Pilbara Education Region is seeking to appoint a dedicated individual to join their team in the role of Engagement and Transition Manager.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Engagement and Transitions Manager will provide support to Pilbara Schools to deliver education, development and learning to their student cohort and ensure all students are provided with the opportunity to achieve positive educational outcomes which make full use of their individual capabilities.
The Pilbara Education Regional Office works collaboratively with officers in Central Office and Statewide Services to support schools with policy advice; development and allocation of resources; management of projects and contracts for service; developing quality assurance processes for programs aimed at improving educational outcomes for students and achieving objectives outlined in the Department’s Strategic Directions for public schools 2020-2024: Every student, every classroom, every day.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth, education, training, industry and support services and to foster career transition and work prospects for students in the 12-18 year old population.
- Demonstrated highly developed skills in leading, managing and facilitating a team, including a proven ability to lead individuals and groups through continuous change.
- Demonstrated high-level oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effective and professionally and build high level relationships and networks cross-sectorally.
- Demonstrated high developed conceptual and analytical skills, with a proven ability to provide innovative thinking in developing and implementing organisational change, programs and plans.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of reports and risk management plans.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Ian Knapgate, Coordinator Regional Operations - Pilbara Education Regional Office by telephoning (08) 9185 0128 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- obtain or hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 December 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.