Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA863604
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an innovative, motivated, and flexible Program Coordinator - Learning Support to join their Leadership Team and work as part of the Student Services team.
The successful applicant will ideally be a highly proficient school leader adept at engaging staff, parents, and students, whilst supporting the school’s priorities within the Applecross SHS Business Plan. Program Coordinator - Learning Support will lead and support staff to plan, deliver, monitor, assess and evaluate differentiated teaching and learning programs to ensure a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
The successful applicant will ideally be skilled in the completion and review of individual disability allocations and the development of profiles and education plans for Students at Educational Risk (SAER). They will be responsible for the completion of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) Equity Access Arrangement applications and for managing and collecting data for the National Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD), School of Special Educational Needs (SSEN) reporting for identified students and managing the transition process from Year 6 to Year 7 for students with identified special needs.
The successful applicant will lead and develop the school’s commitment to enhancing students’ learning opportunities through ongoing reflective classroom practice, as well as planning and engaging in professional learning opportunities, including collaboration and support of colleagues who are developing their skills in this area. The position includes line management of the Education Assistants and a Lead Education Assistant, and a willingness to contribute to and maintain a positive team environment. The successful applicant should have the ability to foster positive relationships with all stakeholders and provide timely and appropriate support to students, staff and families using a case management model.
The ideal applicant should have exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks, keep accurate records and analyse a wide range of data to inform future practice.
Applecross SHS is an independent Public school dedicated to providing students with positive engagement. Our goal is to encourage young people to achieve their potential through the value and enjoyment of learning. We aim to widen students’ horizons by presenting a diverse, relevant and contemporary curriculum that will prepare them to thrive in an every-changing society. The curriculum reflects our desire for students to become responsible and flexible thinkers who will be well prepared for the challenges ahead. We offer innovative curriculum with the provision of a range of study options for senior students, including a full tertiary entrance program and a wide variety of vocational courses.
For more information about Applecross Senior High School, please watch our video by pressing the play button below.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Rex Lilleyman, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.