Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH864820
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Do you want to have a positive impact on students in a collaborative and supportive team?
Safety Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic full time English Teacher to join our collaborative and high performing English team. The successful applicant would be working at a school where they are able to be innovative, flourish professionally and build their capacity.
Why Choose Safety Bay SHS?
Unleash Your Creative
At Safety Bay, we value innovative teaching approaches that keep students excited about learning. Your creative ideas will be celebrated and supported as you contribute to our dynamic curriculum.
We are committed to nurturing your career development needs. Our comprehensive professional development programs ensure you stay ahead in your field, with opportunities to attend workshops, conferences, and seminars to enhance your teaching skills.
You're not alone on this journey. Our school culture thrives on collaboration and mentorship. You'll be welcomed into a supportive community of educators who are dedicated to your success and eager to share insights.
Engagement is Key
We believe that learning is most effective when students are engaged. As a teacher at Safety Bay, you'll have the opportunity to design lessons that captivate and inspire young minds, leaving a lasting impact on their educational journey.
Empower Student Success
Building strong relationships with your students is our priority. Your role is crucial in facilitating effective learning experiences and fostering a sense of belonging within the classroom.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of creating high quality, effective teaching and learning experiences for students in the English department. The desire to invest in developing positive working relationships with students, parents and colleagues is a key focus for Safety Bay staff.
If this sounds like you, join us in making a difference in the lives of our students by being more than just a teacher – be a mentor, a guide, and a source of inspiration.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Safety Bay Senior High School can be found by visiting safetybay.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Dwayne White, Acting Principal by telephoning (08) 9528 9200 or emailing Dwayne.White@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.