Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH859683
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Bob Hawke College (College) is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Digital Technology Teacher to join their team.
Delivering an innovative and outward looking Digital Technologies program the successful applicant will be supported to create an environment that enthuses and inspires students in their learning. Utilising contemporary approaches, the successful applicant will ideally embrace change, and work collaboratively with the stakeholders, including industry, to improve the learning outcomes for students.
In this role, you will ideally create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will ideally have the following attributes: They will be able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
In addition to these attributes, the successful applicant will ideally have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the establishment of an exceptional Technologies program. Key elements of this program include creating an environment that:
- engages, enthuses and challenges students;
- incorporates technology;
- accommodates individual student needs;
- provides timely social and academic feedback to students and parents;
- cares for the whole student; and
- celebrates curiosity and creativity.
Bob Hawke College in Subiaco opened in February 2020 to more than 250 Year 7 students and is the first high density public secondary college in Western Australia.
We understand the importance of looking after the wellbeing of the whole child. Every student at our College will be well known and valued. Our pastoral care approach has been specifically designed to support young adults. Specialist staff provide students with individual support as well as health and wellbeing programs. All our teaching and essential services staff excel in their profession and inspire and motivate students, encouraging them to take responsibility for themselves, for others and for the world around them.
Student achievement and endeavour is at the heart of Bob Hawke College. We encourage our students to challenge themselves across areas of learning, to extend themselves to achieve their personal best and excel in areas of interest.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting Bob Hawke College - Extraordinary Together or Schools Online
Please consider the attached documents “What Makes a School a Learning Organisation?” and the College Business Plan 2021 -2023.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Alexandra Myer, Head of Learning Technologies, by telephoning (08) 9222 5600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.