Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH864737
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Are you a dedicated and passionate Primary Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Avonvale Primary School (PS) is seeking a Primary Teacher to join their friendly team.
Working at Avonvale Primary School provides you with the many professional and personal benefits of working for the Department of Education including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $10,210 per year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
About the Role
This role will suit someone who is relationship-focused, highly motivated, and passionate about creating exciting, culturally responsive learning experiences to ignite a desire to learn in students.
The Ideal Teacher
The successful applicant will ideally be a passionate, motivated, and skilled educator who is committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching, and instructional strategies.
Applicants should be committed to developing positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and the wider community. You should possess a strong capacity to plan challenging and engaging programs using an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum.
We are seeking an applicant who is innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge. You will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators. Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Avonvale PS is a small community-based school. The Berry Street Education Model underpins our daily practice. Our staff receive quality professional learning and are supported as we develop, implement, and refine effective strategies that make a difference for our school community. At Avonvale PS we are committed to providing enriched learning opportunities to meet the needs of all our students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Students at Avonvale PS can explore and develop their understanding and learning across a diverse and exciting range of learning areas. These are designed to encourage success for all our students whilst never losing focus of our key priority of improving literacy and numeracy. Our school is innovative and exciting and is committed to providing high quality educational programs for students that focus on academic excellence and engagement.
The Location and Community
Northam is located just over an hour from Perth on the Great Eastern Highway and is a great base from which to explore the Avon Valley.
For more information about Northam visit Destination Northam.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Avonvale Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Leah Vogler, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northam, by telephoning (08) 9621 5200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 6 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.