Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE861460
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023 and 2024.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Primary, Early Childhood and Education Support Directorate provides coordinated primary, early childhood and education support expertise to regions and to schools identified as requiring support.
These roles will be critical in providing support to Child and Parent Centres. Including the contract management of associated organisations.
Child and Parent Centres have been set up on or near public schools to support families as they lay the foundations for their children’s development and learning. Their aim is to make sure children get the best possible start to life.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will provide advice to departmental senior officers relating to State and national early childhood education initiatives. The Principal Policy Consultant will also research and analyse early childhood education current and emerging trends and provide reports, briefings and advice to senior management.
The Primary, Early Childhood and Education Support Directorate is responsible for the development and implementation of systemic policy and strategic planning in early childhood education for Western Australian public schools. The Office has responsibility for implementing State and national early childhood education reforms, including a number of National Partnerships and Agreements, which are delivering significant changes to early childhood education in Western Australia. This includes policy leadership for the early years of schooling, building prior-to-school learning opportunities for children in partnership with families and extensive liaison across education sectors and government and non-government agencies.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high-level project management skills with a proven ability to plan and coordinate initiatives and projects in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills with a proven ability to identify, research, advise on, and resolve complex project and policy issues, including risk management strategies.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and develop strategic alliances.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate and provide consultancy advice on State and Commonwealth early childhood reform initiatives.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills including the ability to develop implementation plans, and prepare reports, briefings and correspondence.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Danielle James, Manager - Primary Early Childhood and Education Support by telephoning 0499 877 059 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- hold or obtain a current valid ‘C’ class Western Australian driver’s licence
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 6 December 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED