Please be advised that as of 30 November 2023, this vacancy has been withdrawn due to the business needs of the school.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS863257
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Perth Modern School is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will ideally have attention to detail, be able to meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. You should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, teaching staff and our school community. The successful applicant should have the skills to competently work independently without supervision or direction with an excellent focus on team work.
Perth Modern School, a proud government school, is Western Australia's only fully selective school for academically gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the school provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the skills of gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic, merit selected staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their profession will ensure that students are always challenged and engaged.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting Perth Modern or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Yvonne Tulley, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9392 6855 or emailing Yvonne.Tulley@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.