Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS864635
Applicants deemed suitable for the previous process IPS/SS805177 need not apply.
We are seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Special Needs (SNEA) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Dalkeith Primary School (PS) is a dynamic learning community where staff and parents work collaboratively through a shared vision, to assist students to achieve and exceed their potential. With a culturally diverse student population, we provide a supportive learning environment in which the teaching and learning process can thrive.
As a SNEA you will assist in the delivery of supported educational programs and support students with diverse learning needs. An understanding of the specific strategies to cater for the needs of students with a range of diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Global Development Delay and Generalised Anxiety Disorder is highly regarded. In the role of SNEA, you will have the opportunity to liaise closely with class teachers, specialist teachers, our Student Services Team, and families.
Suitable applicants should have a high level written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation and recording of individual or small group based programs. You should be committed to maintaining our positive school culture. Suitable applicants should apply techniques, skills and knowledge of relevant principles and practices which may have been acquired through previous experience, on the job learning, or relevant qualifications.
Established in 1938, Dalkeith PS has approximately 340 students and is located on an attractive, well-developed and maintained site in the suburb of Dalkeith, approximately 8 km from the Perth CBD. Dalkeith PS is a well-established primary school with over 80 years of proud history and reputation for excellence in primary school education.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professional on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and the therapy programs where these have been implanted.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalkeith Primary School can be found by visiting dalkeithps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Suzanne Pekin, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9287 7100 or emailing Suzanne.Pekin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.