Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863263
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Together, everyone experiences Friendship & Achievement
Millars Well Primary School (PS) is seeking an Early childhood Education Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8,020 a year
- locality allowance of $4,273 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
About the role
We are seeking a teacher with outstanding interpersonal skills, a natural ability to communicate effectively and who values and can build genuine relationships with parents, students and staff members. The successful applicant would quickly establish a positive and welcoming classroom environment with high expectations, and a growth mindset, while building students’ positive social and emotional skills.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and hold themselves accountable to delivering best practice. You should have the ability to work in an environment characterised by whole school connected practice, collaborative team structures and a strong commitment to professional growth.
Built by our staff, Our Framework clearly defines our agreed whole-school approaches alongside how we work with and support one another at our school. Additionally, Our Framework articulates why we exist, how we behave and how we know what we are doing is working.
The successful applicant will be expected to align themselves to Our Framework.
With a vision of Together, Millars Well Primary School has an unwavering focus on ensuring that all of us work together to ensure that everyone within our community experiences both friendship and achievement.
Our staff are highly collaborative, open, supportive and welcoming. Our school’s culture is connected, safe and nurturing. We stand by our vision of Together and are genuinely committed to ensuring everyone, including our staff, experience Friendship and Achievement.
The location and community
Awe and ore can be found in equal measure in Karratha. Known for its iron ore operations, this is the gateway to the marine-life rich Dampier Archipelago, the world's most prolific prehistoric rock engraving site, Karijini's four billion year old adventure playground and Millstream's Chichester National Park. It's also one of the few locations where you can witness the Staircase to the Moon.
Karratha is a two hour flight or a 16 hour road trip from Perth, and a three hour drive south of Port Hedland. From here, you can join one of many guided tours, or begin your own adventure.
For more information about Karratha visit Destination Karratha
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Millars Well Primary School can be found by visiting millarswellps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jodi Austin, Deputy Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9187 6900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.