Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA857398
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Bullsbrook College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 school seeking a Program Coordinator - Upper Primary to join their Leadership Team.
The successful applicant will ideally have outstanding communication and leadership skills. The Program Coordinator will work in a shared, collaborative arrangement with the Senior Leadership Team, particularly with other Program Coordinators and the Associate Principal – Teaching and Learning and the Associate Principal – Student Services. The successful applicant will ideally be highly motivated, relationship focused and dedicated to creating every student with a pathway to a successful future.
Your role may include the following:
- Managing complex cases.
- Managing special needs education particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Working with external agencies including therapist, medical health professionals and Child protection and family support services.
- Working collaboratively with the Program Coordinator (Year 7) to plan Year 7 transition.
- Leading implementation in the Real Schools Partnership Kindergarten to Year 12.
- Case Management of students in the areas of curriculum, attendance, behaviour, and well-being. Providing pastoral care support and managing Students at Educational Risk (SAER).
- Line management of teachers across Upper Primary.
- Experience in behaviour shaping and creating Individual Behaviour Support Plan's.
- Leading teachers in curriculum.
- Leadership of Compass across their team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bullsbrook College can be found by visiting bullsbrookcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Angela Coghill, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9501 7600 or emailing Angela.Coghill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.