Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS860653
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
As a cleaner at Dwellingup Primary School (PS) you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Applicants should ideally be organised, honest, reliable, and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
The Cleaner supports the Department of Education’s main objective of teaching and learning of students by ensuring that the college facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures.
Successful applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
Our Dwellingup School Community provides opportunities for each student to be a lifelong learner. Skills, knowledge and values attained enable achievements in a rapidly changing world within an atmosphere of care, respect and self-worth.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit dwellingupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Dwellingup Primary School
For job related information
Please contact Coleen Sing, Principal by telephoning (08) 9538 5100 or emailing Colleen.Sing@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, 8.50 until 3.00pm to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Applied when all applications are being received online
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before Friday, 1 December 2023 at 3.00 pm(WST)
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.