Suitable applicants from previous process IPS/TCH841971 need not apply.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863269
Care and Compassion, Respect, Responsibility – The Newman Way
South Newman Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of K-6 Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Working at South Newman Primary School provides you with the many professional and personal benefits of working for the Department of Education including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $10,210 per year
- Locality allowance of $3,469 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
- Air-conditioning subsidy
You may be eligible for HELP/HECS assistance if you are working in a very remote location – click here for details
About the role
As a Quality Teaching Strategy – Teaching for Impact Lead School, we are seeking teachers with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills which underpin professional knowledge and positive working relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community. Suitable applicants will become an integral part of this community partnership to support each child to reach their potential.
As a teacher at South Newman PS, you will work in a collaborative environment to improve student outcomes, reflect on your own performance, contribute to staff development and support our distributed leadership structure. You will be committed to continuous improvement, demonstrated by your willingness to accept and implement change.
Suitable applicants will ideally be skilled and motivated educators who are passionate about teaching, with an excellent knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum and demonstrated best practice in Literacy and Numeracy.
South Newman PS is a progressive and engaging school where there is a balance between high performance and high care. The wellbeing of staff and students is paramount. We are a very collaborative school with a high priority on teamwork and supporting students to do their very best in all areas, teaching in a supportive and engaging regional school.
Our school has a whole school explicit instruction approach to lesson delivery. We have whole school plans and programs that the successful applicant will be able to follow. We are very supportive of new staff and have comprehensive induction with ongoing professional learning to help new teachers learn the programs we run. We take very seriously the obligation of supporting and developing graduate teachers. Many graduate teachers have won promotional and city positions after a few years of working at our school due to the extra opportunities provided while working here.
At South Newman PS staff, students and parents strive to create an engaging and welcoming school community. An Independent Public School located in the heart of the Pilbara region of Western Australia; we cater for an ever-changing student population, reflective of the town's mining industry. We provide a quality education for students from over 20 nationalities, many of whom enrol at our school with English as their second language.
There are many sports, recreational activities, stunning national parks and spectacular landscapes and waterholes to explore in and around Newman. It is a wonderful community that readily welcomes new members to our unique slice of regional Western Australia.
For more information about Newman visit Destination Newman
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Newman Primary School please visit www.snps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sonia Hammond, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Newman, by telephoning (08) 91543950 or emailing Sonia.Proudfoot@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 4 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.