Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863856
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
North Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated, highly competent and enthusiastic Teacher - Primary - Physical Education to join our team.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8 020.00 a year
- Locality allowance of $432 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised housing
- Free relocation
Of utmost importance are the personal qualities you bring to the role. You should value developing positive relationships with students, families, colleagues, and the wider community. You will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork, collaboration, and a sense of humour. You should have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to anticipate and adapt to change; showing initiative, flexibility and creative problem solving to produce the best opportunities for students.
The successful applicant will ideally be highly motivated and energetic, and committed to delivering quality teaching and learning practices along with the knowledge and competency in the Western Australian Curriculum.
Skills and knowledge in running whole school programs, supporting interschool events, events management and building community partnerships are highly advantageous.
About the School
North Kalgoorlie PS is located in suburb of Lamington. Lamington is one of Kalgoorlie's oldest and finest suburbs. The school first opened in 1902 and boasts a tradition and spirit that brings all ex and current North Kalers together as one. North Kalgoorlie PS is a very proud school, and we are committed to providing a learning environment that is inclusive, motivational, supportive, caring and engaging for every student. We have Pastoral Care as a priority and inclusivity is a large part of this.
Currently we run a number of programs across the school supporting our focus of developing a safe, healthy, enjoyable learning environment. We are continuing to explore how we are inclusive of our students learning styles, needs, culture, interests and best meeting the needs of our students. Students at North Kalgoorlie PS are from varied backgrounds. Some are fourth generation Kalgoorlie born families. Some are families involved in the mining industry who move location regularly. Others are from various Aboriginal groups around the state and country.
For more information about Kalgoorlie visit kalgoorlietourism.com.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting www.northkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Elisabeth Gooding, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 5850 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 November 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.