Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS836224
This is a permanent part-time 0.4 FTE position commencing Term 1, 2024
Do you have a green thumb?
Lake King Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
Professional Benefits (If applicable)
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement.
About the Role
The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds, and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant, and clean school environment. You will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean, and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management.
The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties as required using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department's policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to work independently in a safe manner. You should be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
About the School
Situated in the Esperance District, Lake King is predominantly a farming area in the Shire of Lake Grace. It lies 45 km south of the town of Varley, 70 km north of Ravensthorpe town site, 65 km east of Newdegate, 265 km north-west of Esperance and 468kms south-east of Perth. The school has an extensive garden area and lawns that are an important part of the school environment.
Our mission is to develop students' cognitive, social and physical skills so they can develop balanced attitudes to life, make sound judgements, enjoy a full range of social and cultural activities, maximise their employment opportunities and participate as responsible members of society.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Lake King Primary School please visit Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dominic Daly, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Lake King, by telephoning (08) 9874 4018 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work-Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 December 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.