Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH864231
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Sutherland Dianella Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Primary Teacher to join their team. This advertisement is to fill a position within our middle/upper primary team (Year 3-5)
The successful applicant will ideally be a passionate, motivated and skilled educator who is committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching and instructional strategies. The successful applicant should exhibit a strong understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and possess the ability to plan for school improvement using and responding to all data sources, ensuring curriculum and pedagogical development is current and ongoing.
With effective interpersonal skills, the successful applicant should work closely with students, colleagues, and the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. The successful applicant will ideally be flexible, adaptive, and be able to apply the strategies of differentiated instruction and explicit teaching.
Sutherland Dianella PS has staff who are united, hard-working, and invested in our community. We collaborate and ensure consistent and connected practice, as we strive for improving outcomes for all our students. Sutherland Dianella PS supports students as lifelong learners and there is a strong sense of community. Strong relationship between students, parents, our community and staff are key to our successes.
Our students are challenged and supported to become confident and independent learners. This aligns with our school motto which has remained unchanged since foundation; 'Only our Best'.
Our Core Values are Respect, Responsibility, Commitment and Citizenship. Our School Business Plan underpins our shared belief about best practice and our commitment to continuous improvement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sutherland Dianella Primary School can be found by visiting www.sdps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Blake Ingersole, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9268 8600 or emailing Blake.Ingersole@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.