Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH862993
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Lake King Primary School (PS) is seeking a Primary Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8,020 a year
- locality allowance of $1,012 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
You may be eligible for HELP/HECS assistance if you are working in a very remote location – click here for details
About the role
We are seeking a teacher who has outstanding interpersonal skills with a natural ability to communicate effectively and build genuine relationships with parents, students and staff members. The successful applicant would quickly establish a positive and welcoming classroom environment with high expectations, and a growth mindset, while building students’ positive social and emotional skills.
The successful applicant will ideally possess exemplary teaching skills, be highly motivated and hold themselves accountable to delivering best practice. You should have the ability to work in an environment characterised by whole school connected practice, collaborative team structures and a strong commitment to professional growth.
Ideally, the successful applicant will take advantage of high impact teaching strategies, and have proven experience in the planning and delivery of engaging literacy and numeracy programs with a particular focus on explicit instruction. A deep understanding of how to differentiate to meet the needs of all students will be highly regarded, as is the ability to use a variety of assessment tools to inform progress, enable constructive feedback and drive future planning at a classroom level.
Our mission is to develop students' cognitive, social and physical skills so they can develop balanced attitudes to life, make sound judgements, enjoy a full range of social and cultural activities, maximise their employment opportunities and participate as responsible members of society.
Situated in the Esperance District, Lake King is predominantly a farming area in the Shire of Lake Grace. It lies 45kms south of the town of Varley, 70kms north of Ravensthorpe town site, 65kms east of Newdegate, 265kms north-west of Esperance and 468kms south-east of Perth.
The school currently caters for children with both physical and learning difficulties and general primary classes ranging from kindergarten to year seven. Children are predominantly from farming families with all children travelling to school by bus.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lake King Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dominic Daly, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Lake King, by telephoning 0415 747 485 or emailing Dominic.Daly@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.