Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE861932
This is a full time, nine (9) month fixed term position commencing December 2023 with possible extension
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced project or program officer to join our Capability Support branch in Service Delivery. If you are a solution-focused problem solver with the ability to engage and positively influence stakeholders through the business and system change management process, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Service Delivery Directorate sits within the Statewide Services division which provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. Statewide Services is currently transitioning to a new service delivery model to strengthen its services and supports to schools and the education system.
Service Delivery will provide many of the functions that will enable the new service delivery model. Service Delivery is responsible for strategy, policy, program and operational support to Statewide Services, providing shared functions and supports that enable the professional capability and service delivery teams to improve services for schools.
The Capability Support branch, within the Service Delivery directorate, leads and manages the implementation and coordination of online learning systems and tools for use in schools and for staff professional learning and oversees and manages processes for the production and publication of classroom and professional learning resources. We provide expert advice to support the delivery of Statewide Services digital systems.
Capability Support is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior Project Officer to join our team. In this role you will apply your strong project management skills to the planning, implementation and evaluation of digital systems across Statewide Services. You will provide business analysis and liaise with Department staff regarding service delivery processes and the development, testing, delivery and implementation of digital systems and related policies and initiatives. Your focus on high quality service delivery and ability to translate complex concepts, processes and system requirements into practical outcomes, combined with your ability to manage effective project plans, reports and transition processes will be key to your success in this role. As the Senior Project Officer, you will work in a culturally responsive and context specific manner to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Important to this role will be your ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a multidisciplinary team across Statewide Services and the system.
This position is primarily based at the Padbury Statewide Services Centre however some occasional travel to the East Perth Department of Education site will be required.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated highly developed oral communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated highly developed project management skills and ability to contribute to team processes and outcomes.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with proven research and investigative skills and ability to provide innovative thinking in developing and implementing key projects.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Julie Bassett, Manager - Capability Support by telephoning (08) 9264 5107 or emailing Julie.Bassett2@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check if required
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.