Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS862257
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a motivated and forward-looking Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join our Executive Team and lead the effective management of the financial, physical and human resources of the school and administer all non-teaching activities.
As the MCS, you will work closely with the Principal to manage the strategic and day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered, including financial planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives.
A thorough knowledge of the School Resourcing System, RM Finance, the Education Department Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Staff Recruitment including the use of Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS), Staff Performance Management and high-level financial management skills with solid analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills is desired.
The successful applicant should have the ability to manage change where improvements are identified and possess high level interpersonal skills which enable the development of positive relationships across the school. The position would be suited towards applicants with an excellent work ethic, the ability to manage all the required corporate reporting requirements and oversee and manage aspects of capital or minor works programs at the school.
Lynwood SHS is an Independent Public School that caters for students in years 7 to 12. We have a reputation for our outstanding approach to the care of every student, together with a commitment to their academic success across all our programs in the school. With an Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) of 975, we have over 60 different nationalities represented at the school, we have approximately 49% Language Background other than English (LBOTE) and over 60 different nationalities represented at the school.
The school’s diversity and respect for difference is a feature, enabling our students to become positive, resilient and confident about their futures. An Intensive English Centre supports the development of language skills for students new to Australia. Approved Specialist Programs in Soccer and Environment & Life Sciences (EaLS) supports a wide range of General, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) courses.
Lynwood SHS is complex, diverse and valued by the school community and staff. The commitment of students, staff and community members working together in a spirit of positivity about what our students can achieve, is a significant hallmark of this excellent school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lynwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Emma Walker Principal by telephoning 0400 980 705 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.