Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS863524
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Perth Modern School is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Home Economics Assistant to join their team.
As a Home Economics Assistant, you will be working within a team environment to assist the teacher in the delivery of food classes. The successful applicant will be required to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, preparing materials and resources for use in classes, undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed, and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students. You will also be required to ensure the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
The successful applicant may be required to work with students either individually or in small groups in out-of-class activities and on school excursions. You may also assist in ordering, stocktaking and monitoring of stock levels and requirements. You should have the ability to ensure that the learning environment is appropriately resourced and maintained, with the health and safety of the students as a high priority.
Perth Modern School, a proud government school, is Western Australia's only fully selective school for academically gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the school provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the skills of gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic, merit selected staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their profession will ensure that your child is always challenged and engaged.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting perthmodern.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Trisha Bebek, Executive Assistant, by telephoning (08) 9392 6855 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 4 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.