Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS863428
Byford Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Under general supervision and guidance, Home Economics Assistants will assist in the delivery of educational programs relating to cooking and textiles. This will include the safe handling and storage of equipment and materials, in accordance with Department of Education guidelines. Ideally, suitable applicants should have an interest or experience in cooking, food preparation or textiles.
As the Home Economics Assistant, you should have a proactive, positive approach to your role and be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. Suitable applicants should be able to prioritise tasks well, display initiative and be highly organised and efficient. Byford SC has specialist facilities, including a commercial kitchen and textile centres. Experience with cleaning and maintaining equipment and resources will be highly regarded.
Byford Secondary College is an Independent Public School catering for students from Years 7 to 12. Our vision - to create a vibrant and successful educational community in the heart of Byford - is highlighted by our culture of success in providing a comprehensive curriculum for the young people who attend.
Our motto 'Aspire to Excellence' articulates our vision. We are a school of choice for the local community and we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional secondary education.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Beth Kempton, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing Beth.Kempton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.