Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH862073
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Harvey Primary School are seeking a dedicated Early Childhood Education Teacher to join our friendly team to undertake the teaching of a junior primary class.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated educator with the ability to provide high quality teaching and learning programs to meet the needs of our students. Applicants should already have an excellent knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum to be able to deliver content in an engaging manner through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching, and instructional strategies.
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you will ideally possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have an ability to build effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Applicants will need to collaborate effectively with their year level and phase of learning teams. The ability to provide an enriched, supportive and engaging classroom environment with a focus on pastoral care is highly desirable. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with school leadership, other teachers, support staff and the wider community to develop our school.
The Harvey Primary School is located in the irrigation district of the Southwest of Western Australia. It has a student population of 270 including many from diverse backgrounds. Harvey Primary School is committed to establishing a community in which everybody feels valued and where individual differences are appreciated and accepted. Positive links exist between the school, the home and the wider community to foster respect and sensitivity in providing a challenging and inclusive learning environment for all students.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harvey Primary School can be found by visiting www.harveyprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jason Romeo, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Harvey, by telephoning (08) 9782 3200 or emailing Jason.Romeo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.