Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863006
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Health and Physical Education (HPE) Teacher to join their dedicated and vibrant team.
Ellenbrook SC is a large, north metropolitan school offering a wide variety of HPE subjects in lower school and senior school. The HPE Learning Area is renowned for its excellent Australian Football League, Netball and Outdoor Education programs. The successful applicant will ideally be enthusiastic, organised and team oriented. They should have a thorough understanding of the HPE curriculum and have the ability to practically apply their extensive knowledge across Year 7 – 12 contexts. AFL qualifications and coaching experience are highly desirable.
HPE staff at Ellenbrook SC actively promote the College’s values and are required to implement the whole-school pedagogy. We place a strong focus on providing teachers with opportunities to lead programs and College initiatives. Therefore, you should be motivated to lead a range of educational activities at both curricular and extra-curricular levels to support students’ success.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to work collaboratively to produce interesting and appropriately challenging learning experiences. You should be student and relationship focused and be able to provide learning opportunities that are responsive to the learning needs and strengths of students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College can be found by visiting ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Cross, Head of Learning Area – Secondary by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing Michael.Cross@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.