Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS862641
Applicants deemed suitable from Advertised process IPS/SS832762 need not apply
Aveley Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time up to the end of 2024.
Aveley SC are seeking School Officers who ideally have a high level of experience and skill in an education context to join their Corporate Services team. Suitable applicants should have a thorough understanding of how to apply high levels of customer service principles and practices, possess exceptional communication and clerical skills, and be a supportive, capable team member. Suitable applicants will ideally have sound organisational skills and the flexibility to adapt to new roles and responsibilities to suit the growing business needs of the college.
Suitable applicants should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community, and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages - particularly databases and word processing.
Responsibilities of the School Officer may include student attendance, undertaking reception duties, meeting, and greeting visitors’, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, and maintaining school databases including records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to date. Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), SEQTA, RM Billing, RM Finance, HRMIS, Microsoft Office, 365 and Google would be desirable.
Aveley SC opened in 2018 with an inaugural enrolment of 260 students in Year 7. The College has over 1560 students enrolled in 2023 and now has a full range from Years 7 to 12. The College is committed to an ethic of excellence. There is a strong progressive and future focused approach in meeting student needs. Our aim is to prepare students with the 21st century skills of teamwork, collaboration, and creative problem solving. Aveley SC has a positive behaviour framework that is built on the premise that we develop the whole child: academic skills, social and emotional intelligence, as well as students who are engaged with the local community and with the contemporary world with a strong sense of global citizenship.
Our college offers a diverse range of Academy courses for students that operate as extra curricula options. We provide state-of-the-art facilities including spacious general classrooms, dedicated science labs, cooking and textiles rooms including a commercial kitchen, sports hall, playing courts and oval. Our facilities also include a dedicated specialist Education Support Hub and staff for students with high needs and boasts superior Visual and Performing Arts facilities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley Secondary College can be found by visiting aveleysc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Anne Gilchrist, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6296 1000 or emailing Anne.Gilchrist@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 04 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.