Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS862282
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Laboratory Technician to join their team.
The successful applicant will provide and prepare chemicals, equipment and materials, design and construct teaching aids and collect and care for living organisms for study purposes in compliance with chemical, physical and biological laboratory practices and legislative requirements. They will be required to organise preparation areas and classroom laboratories and undertake general housekeeping of chemicals, equipment (including repairs and maintenance) and other resources. .
Suitable applicants should be highly motivated and possess the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently, to assist with the efficient operation of the Science Learning Area.
Wanneroo SC is an Independent Public School and has a highly committed teaching body and provides a wide range of subjects and courses in the eight learning areas. A diverse range of curriculum and extra curriculum activities is provided, including an ongoing commitment to strongly support pastoral care to promote and monitor student welfare.
The education program at Wanneroo SC is built around our vision of Star in your Future - 'Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed'. A safe environment is fostered in which each student can develop and staff work closely with parents to support and encourage their child to become a responsible citizen. The school ethos supports and enhances the values of the home. The progress of every student is closely monitored and a diverse range of excellent programs and initiatives are in place to ensure students can acquire the skills necessary to maximise their talents and potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience working within a science laboratory, including knowledge of laboratory techniques and relevant safety and legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of science subjects relevant to the curriculum taught in secondary schools and the ability to design and construct experiments and equipment to support curriculum requirements.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wanneroo Secondary College can be found by visiting wanneroosc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Brianna Pecnik, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6401 9800 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a Certificate lll in Laboratory Skills or equivalent qualification or experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.