Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH863172
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Yanchep Lagoon Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher - Science to join their team. The successful applicant will ideally work across the school, conducting science lessons with students from Years 1 to 6.
Ideally the successful applicant will show how they would support and lead STEM, digital technologies and our sustainability focus would enhance the application. Providing collegial support and professional development to the rest of the staff in these key areas would also be beneficial.
As a newly established Independent Public School, we are keen to make links to the wider community and therefore a track record in establishing school partnerships, supporting science, would also be advantageous.
The desired applicant should be able to work independently and innovatively to provide high quality hands-on learning opportunities linked to the Western Australian Curriculum. Ideally, you will be flexible and take on other roles as needed within the school and support other specialist teachers as part of a team.
We are looking for an applicant who can ideally develop a supportive and positive learning environment, possess high level interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
We are seeking an applicant with high expectations who truly believe that all children can learn and be successful. You should pursue excellence in your teaching and be committed to putting students first in your decision-making and undertaking the work that is inherent in delivering a motivating and quality educational program.
Yanchep Lagoon PS is looking for an applicant with sound classroom management skills and who has an understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support Framework.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Lagoon Primary School can be found by visiting Yanchep Lagoon PS or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Biemmi, Principal by telephoning (08) 9562 8200 or emailing Paul.Biemmi@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 30 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.