Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS862790
School Of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN:BE) are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners – Working Alone for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year for our North Metro Engagement Centres, Including Midland Learning Academy.
Suitable applicants will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community.
Suitable applicants will carry out the cleaning of allocated internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fitting, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, emptying rubbish containers into the waste disposal system, opening and locking the school, setting the security alarm system, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the school hygiene a high priority.
Suitable applicants should liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and may conduct monthly cleaning inspections with the School Officer. Suitable applicants will record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book and maintain the school environment in accordance with Department procedures.
A continuum of support is delivered through 14 Engagement Centres and the Midland Learning Academy. The services of the Engagement Centres and Midland Learning Academy are coordinated through SSEN:BE which provides the administrative structure that oversees and manages these services as a state-wide model of supports for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the state.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about School Of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement please visit ssenbe.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Wendy Radaich, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9402 6465 or emailing Wendy.Radaich@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than three (3) pages. Please address the Work Related Requirements by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criterion:
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 10:00am to 2:00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school on 9374 8852 to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Wendy.Radaich@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Midland Learning Academy, 22 William Street Midland WA 6056 (Entry via Spring Park Road carpark), before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within 3 months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.