As of Friday 24 November at 3:25pm, the closing date has been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH858304
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Eastern Goldfields College is seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated individual to fill the role of Teacher - Career and Vocational Education and join their friendly team.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8 020.00 a year
- locality allowance of $432.00 a year
- Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7 000.00 see info below
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
Teachers and school administrators employed at Eastern Goldfields College in 2024 are eligible to receive an Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7,000 (pa, gross – to be adjusted pro rata for FTE and tenure). Eligible staff will receive a percentage of this payment on commencement at the school, with the remainder paid at the end of the school year. Staff must remain employed in the location until the end of the school year to be eligible to receive the second payment.
The ARI payment is in addition to other incentives that may apply in this school.
To be successful for this role, you will ideally be student and relationship focused, highly motivated, innovative and able to work effectively in a team environment, as well as displaying an engaging and energetic teaching style. You should reflect and assess the effectiveness of your teaching practice using a variety of methods available within the college, promote an environment of active and positive learning, and provide educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve to their highest potential.
With effective interpersonal skills, you will ideally work closely with students, teachers and the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. You will be encouraged to gain if not already hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Eastern Goldfields College is a progressive Independent Public School which caters for students in Year 11 and 12. As a senior college, we encourage students to take ownership of their learning and achieve their very best. The College exits in a unique and diverse educational domain. It shares facilities with Central Regional TAFE (Kalgoorlie campus) and the WA School of Mines (WASM). It is the College vision for our students to achieve high academic, vocational and social standards by fully embracing the learning opportunities that the co-located site provides.
The Eastern Goldfields name has long been associated with secondary education in Kalgoorlie-Boulder and surrounds and brings with it a great deal of tradition. Our long history of providing excellent comprehensive educational programs is widely acknowledged. While we draw on the lessons of the past, we look forward to future challenges and achievements.
For more information about Kalgoorlie visit www.kalgoorlietourism.com.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Goldfields College can be found by visiting www.egc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Vicki Bogensperger, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 3100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 4 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.