Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS862189
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
The successful applicant will assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You will also provide feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to student progress. The ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students is desired.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You will ideally be compassionate and able to work collaboratively to implement documented plans.
The successful applicant should possess the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students and teachers. You should also have a strong knowledge of a range of evidence-based techniques for learning and behaviour and have some experience or knowledge of disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
At Eaton Community College (ECC) we are working hard to become one of the leading secondary schools in the Bunbury area. We are dedicated to selecting specialist with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleagues and the wider school community. ECC is an Independent Public School (IPS) that offers a wonderful opportunity for local students to access a high-quality secondary education close to home. Eaton is a rapidly growing suburb located less than 10kms from Bunbury.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eaton Community College can be found by visiting www.eatoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kane Mack, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Eaton, by telephoning (08) 9796 7000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 November 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.