Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS814357
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Dowerin District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join our administration team. The primary responsibility for this position is the management of human resources at the school but you will also be required to support the management of financial and physical resources.
As MCS, you should have the ability to work under pressure in a high-paced environment, using strong customer service principles to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the general school community. You will oversee business operations and work collaboratively with the leadership team to recruit, supervise, and manage support staff.
The successful applicant will ideally possess high-level oral, written, and interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills. You should also be able to work in a collaborative team environment and be committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders and developing strong community relationships and links.
Enthusiastic and capable staff members at Dowerin DHS make admirable use of excellent resources and strong community links to deliver an engaging and varied curriculum. Dowerin DHS's vision is to be a community conscious education institution which produces socially and civically responsible citizens who are equipped for lifelong learning and strive for excellence. Dowerin is well positioned to achieve this vision.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dowerin District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Barbara Garner, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dowerin, by telephoning (08) 9631 4400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.