Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS861391
This is a permanent part-time (0.36FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Warnbro Community High School (WCHS) is seeking to appoint an outgoing and friendly Home Economics Assistant to join their team.
Under teacher direction, the Home Economic Assistant will assist in the delivery of planned education programs, operation of computers and implementation of individual or small group programs. You will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the Teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
As Home Economics Assistant, the successful applicant should have a proactive and positive approach to the role and be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. You should also be able to prioritise tasks well, display initiative and be highly organised and efficient
Situated 50 km south of Perth, WCHS is located in the beach-side communities of Warnbro and Port Kennedy. WCHS provides a vibrant and nurturing learning environment that takes a holistic approach to the growth and development of our students.
The WCHS community works together to develop students with strong aspirations and a self-belief in achieving success now and in the future. WCHS is focused on improving student outcomes through meeting students at their point of need.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warnbro Community High School can be found by visiting Warnbro Community High School or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Durant, Manager Corporate Services, by emailing Carol.Durant@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.