Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS860999
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) is seeking a Day Cleaner.
This is 4 hours each day, working from Monday to Friday, between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
The duties include toilet cleaning, indoor and outdoor furniture and fittings, window cleaning, cleaning of verandahs and outdoor spaces, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other general cleaning.
The successful applicant should have good attention to detail and be able to work well both independently to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, reliable and punctual. Knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices are desirable.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Piara Waters Primary School please visit piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanne Power, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9397 4300 or emailing Joanne.Power@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address the work related requirements by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criterion.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 440 Wright Road, Piara Waters before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4pm (WST) on Friday, 1 December 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.