Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS861227
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Gwynne Park Primary School (PS) is looking for a creative, enthusiastic Media and Marketing Officer to join their administration team.
Gwynne Park PS shares the site with the Gwynne Park Education Support Centre (ESC) and is situated approximately 30 kilometres south of Perth in the City of Armadale. The PS has 500 students and the ESC has a further 90 students, in classes from Kindergarten to Year 6. Dedicated science, technology, music and art rooms, together with a library, combine with a large grassed oval, basketball courts and numerous play equipment to provide an inclusive, stimulating learning environment for all our students.
As the Media and Marketing Officer, you will provide support to develop, implement and manage the school’s marketing plan. You will also assist with the development and production of a range of printed and online materials to support marketing activities and events for the school as well as editing/sub-editing publications and news media communications to ensure Departmental policies and guidelines are adhered to.
The successful applicant will assist with coordinating school events and activities, such as the ANZAC ceremonies, presentation evenings etc as well as the preparation of submissions and various awards. You will ideally have well developed communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and build relationships with school staff, key stakeholders and the wider community.
The Marketing and Media Officer will provide administration support to the school executive team, maintain and update the school’s website, software applications and social media therefore, prior experience in working with multimedia platforms would be advantageous, as would knowledge of current trends related to web design, technologies, and online mediums.
Gwynne Park is a community hub where students are nurtured and can develop a lifelong love of learning in a stimulating and fun environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written communications skills, including the ability to gather and edit material for printed and online publications.
- Well-developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment to meet conflicting timeframes.
- Ability to maintain multimedia platforms.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gwynne Park Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact June Johnson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9391 4000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Friday, 24 November 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.