Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS861106
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
About the Role
As a Gardener - Handyperson, you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in an attractive, clean and tidy manner. The successful applicant will be tasked with gardening duties, grounds and facility management and various other duties as outlined in the Job Description Form below to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will also be responsible for maintaining and providing a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson’s duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department's policies and guidelines.
To be successful in this role you should possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals. Experience in servicing gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks is desirable.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Fitzroy Valley District High School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Matthew Blom, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Fitzroy Crossing, by telephoning (08) 9163 8600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Matthew Blom on 0421 819 467 or email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria (1 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 91L Fallon Road, Fitzroy Crossing WA before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 January 2024
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.