Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP849975
Noranda Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Associate Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year
We are seeking suitable applicants who ideally have expertise in some (or all) of these areas:
- Specialised knowledge in student services and behaviour management support
- The ability to seek out and work with external support services and lead all areas of special needs education from Kindergarten to Year 6
- Leading curriculum and teaching quality
- Coaching, mentoring and Line management experience
- Current knowledge of the Western Australian curriculum and research into best practice
- Exceptional computer and Information Computer Technology (ICT) skills with the ability to support wide systems
Suitable applicants will ideally be able to relate to and work alongside parents, teachers, and staff to support students at risk.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a deep understanding of quality teaching, learning and data driven assessment, reflecting contemporary pedagogical practices and can exhibit the ability to implement programs for development in this area. We seek instructional leaders and highly effective coaches who foster professional growth in others and cultivate reflective, successful, achievement-focused teams that use evidence to evaluate performance.
You will contribute towards a positive culture using strong interpersonal skills and will support our strategic intentions, enabling staff to work in a supportive environment which promotes high expectations for staff and students. Suitable applicants should possess a commitment to continuous school improvement and development of the instructional program and apply their professional knowledge and understanding to promote teaching and learning within the school community. As a key leadership team member, they will mentor teachers, providing coaching support and modelling effective working relationships.
Noranda PS is a school that has a diverse multicultural education community. By joining the team at Noranda PS, you will be joining a community where education is highly valued. We are proud of our collaborative staff who work well as a team to maximise student outcomes.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Noranda Primary School can be found by visiting norandaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kristy Harrison, Principal by telephoning (08) 9218 1550 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During School Holidays please contact Kristy Harrison on mobile 0473 477 503
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 17 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED