Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA848494
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
North Albany Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an experienced and vibrant Head of Department - Technologies (HOD) to join our dedicated leadership team.
About the role
The successful applicant should be student and relationship focused, highly motivated, reflective, and innovative. They will ideally display the capacity to lead within a vibrant learning community to enhance students engagement and motivation. The Head of Department - Technologies should have an excellent understanding of data analysis and skills in evidence-based planning to improve student learning. They should have a commitment to improved results for all students, in a planned and strategic manner to grow the area of Technologies .
Applicants should have an excellent knowledge of the Western Australian Technologies curriculum and the ability to teach courses across Years 7-10, with expertise. Knowledge of Year 11 and 12 curriculum is important, to ensure all students are given an opportunity to succeed in Senior School. The successful applicant will also oversee planning, development and implementation of School and Curriculum Standards Authority Courses, Vocational Education and Training Programs and Endorsed Programs, as applicable. They will ideally display exemplary teaching and learning practices, and the ability to lead a learning culture that ongoingly strengthens the capacity of their team. We provide wrap around support to all our students. The successful applicant should be student focussed with the ability to work with a leadership team that supports students achieving personal excellence.
NASHS is an independent public school located in Albany, a coastal city in the Southwest region of Western Australia. Known locally as NASHS we are a comprehensive school providing secondary education for students in Year 7 to Year 12. NASHS has an enviable reputation as a caring and supportive school. We provide wrap around support to all our students and the successful applicant should be student focussed and able to work in a team to supports students achieving personal excellence.
Our vision: Is to provide opportunities for students to achieve personal excellence so they can participate actively in a changing world.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Albany Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Cullen, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9892 0611 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Kate Mitchell on 0467 281 535.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED