Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS844626
Are you looking to join a dynamic and innovative Essential Services team?
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Bob Hawke College provides a flexible approach to working hours within the relevant Award.
The School Officer role will provide a range of administrative duties in a growing and dynamic Secondary College. The successful applicant will ideally possess exceptional communication and organisational skills to effectively greet visitors and respond to enquiries or requests for information from students, parents, staff, and the community. As a College that utilises technology to enhance our service delivery, you will be operating a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing. Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS) and attendance recording would be highly desirable.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our College and will be responsible for providing effective and quality customer service, working collaboratively with the Essential Services team, Executive Leadership, our school community, and teaching staff. As the College grows you will have opportunities to learn all aspects of corporate services in schools and develop skills across the breadth of the criteria through a personalised development and growth strategy and varied role distribution.
All staff at Bob Hawke College will have the following attributes: They will be able to display care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco East Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national, and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships to improve learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure, and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
The recent opening of Stage 2 provides spaces for our students to rehearse and showcase their creative talents, including a performing arts centre, dance and visual arts studios, music rooms and two state-of-the-art media studios. It also includes more general classrooms, a roof terrace, and landscaped areas to accommodate up to 2,000 students at capacity.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Cooper, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0419 041 449 or emailing Nicole.Cooper@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.