Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS849816
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Home Economics Assistant to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs. The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Our vision is to ensure our students are lifelong learners with a strong sense of individuality, responsibility and community. Woodvale SC staff engage with this vision through our commitment to working together with our College community. We provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is able to grow. The comprehensiveness of the school's curriculum reflects the wishes and career aspirations of the community.
The College enjoys the expertise of highly trained staff who provide a safe, inclusive learning environment which is specifically focused on the individual student. College staff share the belief that each and every student can achieve their best through the support that is available to them. This is enshrined in the College motto of Pursuing Excellence and in the mission statement: Woodvale empowers, challenges and supports their students.
The College is also recognised for the many opportunities it provides students - ranging from specialist programs, co-curricular experiences, academic extension, engagement in sporting or arts programs and various leadership opportunities. Along with excellence in teaching, the opportunities available to Woodvale students ensures a low student transience rate.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Rouhliadeff, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6207 2400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.