Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH846423
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Jerramungup District High School (DHS) is seeking an Early Childhood Education - Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
About the role
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants who are innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge.
Applicants must be able to display that they are able to develop and implement creative and reflective learning programs that support student learning. They will have a high level of community engagement and understand how to build positive relationships with students, staff, families, the wider community and external agencies. Applicants also need to be able to posess excellent classroom management and organisation skills that lead to a supportive and safe learning environment. Ideally teachers will be energetic, enthusiastic and display a wide repertoire of teaching strategies that embrace the differentiation of the Western Australian Curriculum, Early Years Learning Framework, explicit teaching and digital technologies.
They will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators.
The staff of Jerramungup are a friendly and collaborative team who provide a positive supportive environment for students, staff and community. Jerramungup District High School is located in the wheat and sheep farming community of Jerramungup, 440km south east of Perth. It is situated within the Fitzgerald Biosphere which is part of the acclaimed Fitzgerald National Park, located to the east of Jerramungup. A short drive will also take you to the costal community of Bremer Bay home to some of the best beaches in the world.
With the school motto 'Strive to Achieve', students achieve high standards of academic and social achievement through participation and engagement in the school's inclusive, safe and stimulating learning environments. Our school vision encompasses all of this with the following statements:
Together we strive to inspire life-long learning.
Together we will strive for our students and staff to:
- Be engaged in meaningful learning
- Be respectful towards ourselves, others and our unique environment
- Be resilient to cope with changes and challenges, and
- Be responsible community members.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- attraction and retention payment of $7000 for 2024
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $ $8 020.00 a year
- locality allowance of $ 383.00 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
For more information about Jerramungup District High School and the wonderful opportunities living by the South Coast offers please visit www.jerramungupdhs.wa.edu.au.
Further information about Jerramungup District High School can also be found by visiting Schools Online
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Haidee Robb, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Jerramungup by telephoning 0427 995 766 or emailing Haidee.Robb@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Haidee Rob on 0427 995 766
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.