Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS848146
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Assistant Cleaner In Charge to join their friendly team.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for supervision of cleaning staff, coordinating inductions for new staff, liaising with the Head Cleaner and Manager Corporate Services (MCS), and carrying out significant cleaning of internal and external areas. You will need to display an up-to-date knowledge of specialised cleaning techniques and be familiar with a range of cleaning equipment. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other staff.
The successful applicant should be proactive, communicate well, work effectively with others, and be organised. They need to be adaptable, motivated, and capable of both teamwork and independent work. The position involves working a split shift (AM and PM) and flexibility is required with hours to assist with external users, school events and will include some overtime.
As one of the first Independent Public Schools in Western Australia, Rossmoyne SHS is one of the nation’s leading schools. Our students annually achieve outstanding levels of academic excellence. We provide outstanding visual and performing arts and sports programs, exciting opportunities in vocational education, and strong pastoral care. Our culture is described by staff and community as positive, professional, inclusive, dynamic and with a focus on excellence. Our students are very proud of the positive reputation of our school. They find the school diverse, progressive and filled with opportunities for growth. They feel a sense of belonging and support each other to balance competition and cooperation to achieve positive outcomes for all.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Rossmoyne Senior High School please visit www.rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Price, Human Resource Officer on, by telephoning (08) 9235 1617 or 0419 935 991 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Michelle Price on 0419 935 991.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A maximum three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 October 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.