Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS848227
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Gladys Newton School is seeking and enthusiastic and motivated Library Officer to join their friendly team!
The successful applicant should administer library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are always accessible and available to students and staff. They will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a library management setting. Being in this role you may be required to supervise groups of students during their time in the library.
The successful applicant will ideally be a lover of books who is able to inspire students with a love of reading, create a welcoming atmosphere in the library and collaborate with other staff to promote reading throughout the school. The successful applicant will ideally be a great communicator who is approachable and able to display the capacity to work cooperatively with others to create a welcoming and vibrant library environment for students and families.
Gladys Newton Independent Public School is proud to be a centre of excellence, creating opportunities for success for students aged 4-18 years with intellectual disabilities, autism and severe mental health issues. Our school is a leader in providing educational programs for students on the autism spectrum requiring a reduction in environmental stimuli enabling them to achieve academically as well as learn to self-regulate their anxiety and behaviour.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gladys Newton School can be found by visiting gladysnewtonschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Olga White Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9413 1900 or emailing Olga.White@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holidays please contact Olga White on 0438 950 252
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.