Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS844193
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you should have a passion for working with students and have well developed organisational and interpersonal skills. Under teacher direction you will assist in the delivery of planned educational programs, including the operation of computers; and, under teacher direction, implement individual or small group literacy/numeracy programs. You will also assist the teacher with care and supervision of students during class activities and excursions, as well as with the general care and well-being of the students.
Suitable applicants will ideally be committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for students. The Education Assistant – Mainstream will work as part of a dedicated team and across a range of classrooms, therefore the ability to be flexible will be advantageous. You should also be organised and diligent to effectively maintain equipment and resources for use in classes and ensure a vibrant, safe, and tidy learning environment is maintained.
Our school is a Health Promoting School and has embraced its motto 'Growing Together,' ensuring parents and the school work together to improve student outcomes. The school is very proud it is the school of choice for new families to the community. Located in the suburb of Secret Harbour approximately 55 kilometres south of the city of Perth, Comet Bay Primary School is at the heart of a thriving beachside community alongside the beautiful Indian Ocean.
At Comet Bay Primary School we have high expectations of success for every student. We believe in developing the whole child (socially, academically, emotionally, creatively and physically) so that all our students leave school well prepared for their future. Our highly skilled teachers engage children in learning programs that are adjusted to suit their learning needs. They provide appropriate intervention strategies for those requiring additional help, as well as challenging and stimulating programmes for those children requiring extension.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents, and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Comet Bay Primary School can be found by visiting cometbayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Smith, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9523 3700 or emailing Deborah.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Graeme Watson, Principal on 0427 071 995.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12, October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.