Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS848993
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Landsdale Gardens Primary School (PS) are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team. This is a permanent part time position commencing Term 4, 2024.
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out internal and external cleaning duties as required including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning and rubbish removal. You will communicate with the Manager Corporate Services to organise and supervise the cleaning staff and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed, including vacation clean. The successful applicant will be required to manage hazardous substances in accordance with occupational safety and health legislation. You will be required to open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system.
The successful applicant will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well with others to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Applicants will order and maintain stock and equipment in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. You should be organised, reliable and punctual. You should work well both individually and as part of a team and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
Landsdale Gardens Primary school opened its doors to kindergarten to year 6 children in January 2023. The school provides an innovative environment to inspire young minds.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit landsdalegardensps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Landsdale Gardens Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Natasha Doyle, Principal by telephoning 0401 266 975 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.