Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS823717
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Dalyellup Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and hardworking cleaner to join their team.
About the Role
To be successful for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. The successful applicant will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
About the school
Dalyellup PS enjoys a strong reputation that is characterised by a sense of belonging and strong pastoral care practices. Our students are at the centre of the school's strategic direction and decision making. Upon entering the school one immediately notices the warmth and care the staff have for every child and their family. We committed to build on our past and prepare our students for a successful future.
Our ethos is to provide a focused learning environment where all children are encouraged to achieve their full potential while fostering the core values of the community. Our strength is in our respect and equal partnerships with others. Our staff are motivated, experienced and work together as a team to collaboratively meet the needs of all children enrolled in our school. Our Positive Behaviour support focuses on the expectations of our children and staff taking responsibility, respecting others, achieving your personal best and being safe.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Dalyellup Primary School please visit dalyellupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine HM Tan, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalyellup, by telephoning (08) 9796 5600 or emailing Christine.Tan@education.wa.edu.au
Advertising over the holidays?
During the school holiday period, please contact Christine HM Tan on 0428 465 449.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners, and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4: 30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.