Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE848052
This is a permanent full-time position commencing in November 2023
The Service Delivery - Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Senior Policy Consultant Early Childhood and Education Support.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will plan, implement and evaluate designated elements of policies, procedures, programs, initiatives and strategies relating to primary, early childhood and education support. They will provide advice and support to schools, regions, system, branches within Statewide Services and the wider community on matters pertaining to primary, early childhood and education support, including contemporary curriculum, pedagogical and assessment approaches.
The Senior Policy Consultant will liaise with external and internal stakeholders on the development, delivery and implementation of policies and initiatives and develop effective partnerships and participate on committees and working parties relating to Branch matters.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against Selection Criteria 1, 2, 3 and 5:
1 . Demonstrated well developed knowledge and understanding of current policies and initiatives associated with primary, early childhood and education support, including contemporary curriculum, pedagogical and assessment.
2. Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and correspondence
3. Demonstrated highly developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with senior officers and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve required objectives.
5. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and practice in the development and presentation of professional learning for primary, early childhood and education support matters.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Jane Roberts, Principal Consultant by telephoning 08 6206 2068 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- hold or obtain a current valid ‘C’ class Western Australian driver’s licence
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 October 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4.30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.